How to have a Stress Free Move
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- Moving is never known as an enjoyable process. It is a lot of hard work and takes quite a bit of time to get packed, unpacked, and organized. Although moving isn’t something we want to do often, it doesn’t have to be stressful. With the help of a storage unit from Logan Self Storage you can have the stress free move you have always wanted.
- Have a Plan
- The best way to make the moving process less hectic and tiring is to make a game plan. You should start planning your move at least a few months in advance. Take this time to research moving companies and purchase boxes and moving supplies. Call up your friends and family to see if they can help you in moving the majority of your boxes and furniture on moving day. Packing up the items you don’t use on a day to day basis ahead of time can also ease the moving process. You can even place the items you don’t need on a day to day basis in a storage unit at Logan Self Storage. Once you have a plan in place you will find that the majority of your stress is gone.
- Sort your Items
- Packing up your home provides you with the perfect opportunity to sort through all of your belongings. Sort your items into separate piles of what to store, keep, toss or donate. The goal is to move with less than you started with so you can have a clean and organized home to move into.
- Proper Packing Supplies
- In order to protect all of your items during your move you will want to invest in the proper packing supplies. Such packing items include small and medium sized boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, packing blankets, and markers for labeling. It is always wise to take the time to properly pack all of your valuables to make sure nothing is damaged during transit. Avoid using large boxes that make it hard for you to carry on your own.
- Pack Smart
- To make the moving process even easier you will want to pack smart. Pack one room at a time and label everything. Make sure you don’t overfill the boxes. Making the boxes too full and heavy can cause damage to your items and your back if you aren’t careful. Take the time to properly wrap all of your fragile items in bubble wrap to reduce the risk of breaking.
- By following the tips above and creating a moving plan you can have the stress free move that you need. Take your time and remain organized throughout the process. To help lessen the moving load you can store your items safely in a storage unit at Logan Self Storage. Check our website often to learn more about the deals we are currently offering.