Controlling the Clutter: Your Laundry Room
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- Laundry rooms can easily become a cluttered mess if you don’t keep up with our constant need of having clean clothes. When your laundry situation has gotten out of control it may be time to revamp your routine and your laundry room. To help you with the process we at Logan Self Storage in Logan, UT can help. Below we have provided some tips for you to try when conquering the clutter that has taken over your laundry room.
- Use all Available Space
- The problem with laundry rooms is that they are usually small when it comes to square footage and the majority of the floor space is taken up by your washer and dryer. In order to get more space out of your laundry room consider using as much available wall space as you can. Consider purchasing space saving washers and dryers. Install shelving, cupboards, drawers, and behind the door storage to maximize the usable space available to you. Having a place to put everything you need to store in your laundry room can help you in conquering the clutter.
- Enlist in your Family’s Help
- Laundry is a good chore to teach your children. It is easy enough for them to do on a regular basis and it will help you immensely. You can teach them in steps as they get older. Having them help with the sorting, washing, and folding of the laundry can help alleviate some of the stress and amount of laundry you have to do. Assist your children with this chore for a month or so until they can accomplish this chore on their own without supervision. Providing visual instructions can help them to remember each step they need to perform to complete the chore.
- Scheduling and Frequency
- Having a set schedule and frequency of when you should be doing your laundry can help you to keep your laundry room free of clutter. Set specific days for each member of your family for them to do their laundry. When it comes to regular household laundry try and do smaller loads more frequently. This will help you when you are trying to keep on top of the amount of laundry your family can accumulate. A load a day will keep the clutter away.
- Free Up Some Space
- As mentioned above, there is very little room to work with when it comes to laundry rooms. Free up some available space and the amount of clothing you are expected to wash regularly by placing some of your seasonal clothes in a storage unit at Logan Self Storage in Logan, UT. Our facility will keep all of your belongings safe and out of the way. Call or stop by today to learn about our facility and the units we have available.