How to Properly Store your Television
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- Did you recently just upgrade to the latest and greatest of televisions? Now you are faced with the question of what to do with your old TV. Instead of giving it away or selling it, you always have the option of holding on to it a little bit longer with the help of a storage unit at Logan Self Storage. Listed below are a few steps you will want to take when prepping your TV for its stay in storage.
- Keep the Box
- It is always best to store any electronics, including your television, in the box it originally came in. These boxes are specifically designed to keep your television safe during transit and storage. If you have already discarded the original box, there is no need to worry. By purchasing a box the appropriate size and the necessary packing material you can still protect your television. Make sure the box is sturdy and doesn’t have any existing tears. Double wrap your television in bubble wrap and fill up any empty spaces left in the box with packing peanuts.
- Clean it Thoroughly
- To keep your television in pristine shape you will want to clean it thoroughly. Remove as much dust and grime as you can from the surface of the television. Any dirt or grime could cause damage to the inner workings of your television over time. Use a light cleaning product and soft rag to remove what you can. Don’t forget to clean the cables that coordinate with your television as well.
- Before placing your television in storage make sure you label your box. Label all sides so you can easily recognize that it is a fragile television and take proper precautions during transit. Don’t forget to include all wiring and cables with your television. It helps to keep all the small parts associated with your television in a small bag that is placed within or on the box.
- Placing it in Storage
- How you place your television in storage matters. After you have securely wrapped the television in bubble wrap and placed it in its box, you need to make sure you do not place it on its back. Stand the box upright and in an area where it will not be susceptible to falls. Avoid placing it on any existing furniture such as couches or beds. Find an area where it will be sturdy and protected. The storage units at Logan Self Storage will give your television the protection it needs during its stay. Call us today to learn more about our units and how we work hard in keeping your items safe and secure.