How to Maintain an Organized Storage Unit
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- Renting a storage unit at Logan Self Storage in Logan can help you in all of your storage needs. Once you have obtained the storage unit you need for all of your valuables, you will want to make sure you drop off your items in a way that gives you an organized storage unit. Having an organized unit will make it easier to find all your belongings in your unit as you need them. Below are some steps you should consider taking in order to have the organized storage unit you need.
- Create Zones
- The best way to find what you are looking for as you go back to your storage unit from time to time is by creating zones. You can create zones in a way that works best for you, but we suggest doing it by the room of your house. This way you know exactly where an item is when you need it.
- Draw it Out
- Before you even start placing your items in your storage unit it might be a good idea to draw a layout. Include the dimensions of your unit along with any shelving that you may use for keeping your smaller items up and out of the way. Map out your zones along with enough room for a walkway to each area of your unit. You can even go as far as labeling and numbering your boxes on the drawing of you layout so you know exactly where each box will be.
- Label Everything
- Once you have gathered all the items you will be placing in storage you will want to make sure they are properly packed and labeled. We suggest only using plastic bins with sealable lids or thicker moving boxes in order to better protect all of your items. Label each box or container with its contents. Get as detailed as you can in order to save you time when you are looking for that item later.
- Maximize Space
- To maximize the space, you have available in your unit you will want to enlist in the help of shelving and plan on placing items on top of or inside other items. While doing this, make sure you don’t cause any harm to the items you are storing. Use available space around large furniture items or within the drawers of a dresser.
- Having an organized storage unit will not only save you time later on, but will also create a safe place for all of your valuables. Make the most of your storage space by following the steps listed above and by getting the help from our friendly staff at Logan Self Storage in Logan. Feel free to call or stop by today to view the units we have available.