Keeping your Car’s Quality in Storage
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- If you are one of many who are traveling this summer you will faced with what you need to do with your car while you are away. The safest option would be to rent a storage unit at Logan Self Storage. Our facility can provide you with the protection your precious car needs while you are away. Below are some steps that should be taken before placing your car in storage to keep its outstanding quality.
- Use a Cover
- You may have seen people who cover their cars in drive way or in the yard. You can use that same type of car cover when you put your car in the storage unit. You want to cover your car to keep dust and bugs from getting on the vehicle. Keeping it covered also protects it from the elements as well as scratches from boxes that may accidentally shift in the storage unit.
- Clean it Thoroughly
- Clean up and clean out your vehicle. Many people spend a lot of time in their cars, which means a lot of different things can accumulate. By cleaning out your car you get to check and make sure you have gotten all of the important documents you need, music you like to listen to, and trash that would mold over and create a stench that attracts critters. Most people wouldn’t pack dirty food, cover clothes, or furniture, so pack a dirty vehicle.
- Fill up the Fluids
- Before you put your vehicle in the storage unit, you want to make sure it has a fresh oil change and a full tank of gas. This will help the car to start even if it has been sitting for an extended period of time. Fresh fluids help fight against contamination which could damage the car’s engine. If your car will be in storage for an extended period of time, the full tank of gas will help to stop the fuel tank and its seals from becoming dry.
- Now that your car has been prepped for its stay in Logan Self Storage you can place your car in your new unit and go off on your summer adventures. For more information regarding our facility make sure you check out our website.