Helping your Child Stay Organized
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- When you have a house full of children you have to have an organizational system in place so you don’t find yourself in a mess. The best way to help your child in keeping your home clean is by using some of the organizational tips below and giving them a fresh start and storing the items they don’t need in a self-storage unit at Logan Self Storage.
- The best way to keep all the clutter off the floor is by installing on-the-wall bookshelves. This will maximize your floor space for larger toys and accessories. On-the-wall bookshelves can also be installed in areas that are not often used such as behind the door. These shelves can be easily installed and tailored to fit your current home décor.
- Craft Station
- Instead of shoving crayons, markers, and paper in any available drawer, have them organized together in a functional craft station. This craft station can grow with your child and easily become a homework station. This is an area where you can get creative with your storage and use what you already have around the house. By using colorful bins, buckets, and muffin tins you can easily store all the odds and ends that come with doing arts and crafts. Make them fun for the children to use by adding their favorite characters to the design.
- The key to keeping your child organized is to have them participate in the organization process. By labeling all the bins and areas of storage with what is supposed to be placed in them can help your child in the cleanup process. Whether you label them with letters, pictures, or words is up to you. This will ensure everything gets put back in its place at the end of each day.
- Hide-away Storage
- With hide-away storage you can store a variety of items out of site and in places that aren’t often used. Small storage bins can be purchased to specifically fit under the bed. When purchasing these storage bins make sure they are easy to use for your children. Rolling storage bins helps them to grab what they need and put it back when they are done.
- For the items your child just doesn’t seem to use or that are taking up too much space you can easily rent a self-storage unit from Logan Self Storage. We give you a variety of sized units to choose from so you can get exactly what you need. Call or stop by today to learn more about our facility and what we can offer you.