Creating the Perfect Guest Bedroom
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- When you are expecting family or friends to stay at your home you want to give them a space of their own to feel comfortable throughout the duration of their stay. Preparing the perfect guest bedroom can be a process but having a storage unit with Logan Self Storage can make the process easier. Below we have provided you with some steps to take when creating the perfect guest bedroom.
- Declutter and Organize
- The key to creating a peaceful space is by having an organized space. It’s time to clear out all that extra stuff you have acquired and stored in your guest bedroom. Go through your belongings and decide what you want to incorporate into the new guest bedroom, place in a storage unit, or donate. For the items you do decide to store you can find the perfect size storage unit Logan Self Storage. We have a variety storage units to choose from to fit your specific storage needs. Once the guest bedroom is cleared out of any unnecessary items it is time to give it a deep cleaning session.
- Think about Lighting
- Natural light provides a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. Get full use of your guest bedroom windows by adding curtains that allow in light during the day. If you are dealing with a smaller window you can hang curtains higher up on the wall to create the illusion of a larger window. Adding table lamps with soft light lightbulbs will provide a relaxing atmosphere for your guests as they prepare for bed.
- Style and Décor
- Decide on a certain style or theme for your guest bedroom. Many choose to go for a more relaxing, retreat like décor in order for their guests to feel at ease while they are on vacation. Simple and light colors can help you achieve this look. Adding a fresh coat of paint to the walls will help brighten up the room. You can even paint pieces of furniture to help have cohesiveness in your décor. Remember to keep it simple. Overloading a room on décor accessories can make it feel cramped and uninviting.
- Adding the Extras
- After having successfully put together your guest bedroom, it is now time to add the necessary touches to make it feel like home. Add some interesting reading material for your guests during their down time before bed. Provide extra towels and blankets for their use. Hang pictures of your family and friends to add the extra personal touch of love.