Tricks to Creating a Spacious Feeling Living Room
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- Is your living room feeling cramped and cluttered? Want to make your living room feel spacious and inviting? We at Logan Self Storage can help. We have gathered some tips and tricks you can try when decorating and organizing your living room to make it feel more spacious.
- Contain Clutter
- The reason most living rooms feel small is due to the amount of items you are keeping in your living space. Get rid of the excess with a storage unit from Logan Self Storage. For the majority of smaller items you need to store in your living room you can purchase bins to contain the clutter. Use bins that will fit on shelving or bookshelves and will look good when it comes to your décor. Think vertical when it comes to finding storage space. Use whatever wall space you can to install shelving, cubbies, and bookshelves.
- Reflect Natural Light
- One useful trick to make your living room feel larger is with the use of natural light and mirrors. Install a mirror of your choosing directly across from the window in your living room. The mirror will reflect all the natural light from the window around the room making it feel larger than it actually is. Avoid using heavy drapes and window coverings on your windows. These can make a room feel smaller.
- Add Height
- One easy trick to give your living room some much needed height is by installing wall décor or shelving higher up on the wall. This will trick your eye into thinking your ceilings are higher than they actually are. Consider the option of painting or adding wallpaper to the ceiling to add even more height.
- Choosing Paint Color
- When deciding on a paint color for your living room you will want to try and keep it light. Lighter hues will keep your living room feeling airy and spacious. You can add depth to your space by adding accent colors that pop with small items or areas such as a wall radiator or the insides of bookshelves. You can still have the color you have always dreamed of, just used in a way that will make your living space feel larger than it actually is.
- Your living room doesn’t need to be cramped in cluttered. With a little effort, creativity, and a storage unit from Logan Self Storage you can have the spacious living room you have always wanted. For more information regarding our storage units and their availability make sure you call us or check out our website today.