How to Properly Pack your Breakable Items
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- When moving to a new home placing some of your items in a storage unit at Logan Self Storage in Logan, UT you will want to make sure you are properly packing all of your breakable items. To help you do this we have provided some steps for you to follow when packing up all of your breakables.
- •Choose the right box. You will want to use boxes that are sturdy enough to hold your fragile items and large enough to fit the item and the adequate amount of packing materials. If necessary you might want to consider adding extra packing material or double-boxing your breakables during transit.
- •Fill the items that could collapse inwards. Items such as glasses, bowls, and vases should be filled with tissue paper, extra socks, or newspaper to put equal pressure on all the surfaces of your fragile items.
- •Completely wrap all of your breakable valuables in bubble wrap to protect it during its move or stay in a storage unit at Logan Self Storage in Logan, UT. Make sure the bubble wrap covers all surfaces of your item and it is secured with tape. Make sure you aren’t using the tape excessively or else you will have a hard time getting to your item when you need it.
- •Make sure your box is completely filled. Put 2 to 3 inches of packing peanuts on the bottom of the box. Once you have a layer of packing material you can begin to place your bubble wrapped items in your box. Fill any of the empty spaces in between your items and the box with packing peanuts. Make sure your items are secure enough so they don’t have any wiggle room within the box. Securely tape the box and label it for ease and organization.
- Taking the time to properly pack all of your breakable items will save you a lot of money and hassle in the future. For more packing and storage tips make sure you check out our website for Logan Self Storage in Logan, UT. We love being there for all of your storage questions and needs.