Getting your Garage Organized
- Published on
- Written By GroFire
- As the winter months draw closer to an end you will be given the opportunity to give your garage the makeover it needs. Organizing your garage will be easier than ever with the help of a storage unit from Logan Self Storage. Below are some steps we have found that make the garage organizing process a breeze.
- Gut out Your Garage
- The best way to clean and organize a garage is to empty it out completely and start over. Leave nothing untouched. Empty out all the cabinets, drawers, and shelving you have. Doing this will help you start the organization process as well as giving you the ability to thoroughly clean the garage.
- Sort your Items
- Now that you have everything pulled out of your garage you can create 4 separate piles of what to keep, store, toss, or donate. Stick to your goals and get rid of anything you don’t absolutely need or haven’t used in the past few years. Placing seasonal items in a storage unit at Logan Self Storage can give you the extra space you have been looking for in your garage.
- Raise it Off the Floor
- After sorting your items and deciding what it is you are going to keep, you can now start placing it back into your garage. Your goal should be to find a place to store all of your belongings off of the floor. This will keep your garage organized and free from trip hazards. Add shelving, peg boards, and any other useful storage to give all of your belongings an organized place to reside.
- Create Zones
- Garages hold a variety of items, from tools to Christmas décor. Creating zones in your garage for each category of items can help you when it comes to finding that particular item later. Keeping your items as visible as possible will help as well. Hanging tools on peg boards on labeling drawers are sure to make your life easier later on.
- Clean-up regularly
- After taking the time to clean out and organize your garage you will want to ensure its cleanliness in the months to follow. Creating a cleaning system after using something in your garage. Make sure everything has its own place so it’s easier to put that particular item away. Staying on top of the cleanliness in your garage will keep it in pristine order.
- By following the steps above you can get your garage cleaned out and organized in no time. For those items you just can’t seem to part with but don’t have the room for, you can trust Logan Self Storage to provide you with the ideal storage unit. Call us today to learn more about our facility.